There are several different factors that can cause corrosion of above ground and inground swimming pools. Some of these factors are keeping improper pH levels, total alkalinity, or even keeping improper salt or chlorine levels. It is very important to keep your swimming pool water chemistry at the proper levels, and also repair any swimming pool leaks.
Sacrificial anodes are used to help protect the metal components of your swimming pool when you are using a salt system. More information on this can be found here . There are several different types of sacrificial anodes. A utility anode can be placed in a skimmer basket, you will need to submerge it in the pool water and connect it to the metal part of your swimming pool you would like to protect. You may find the specifications on the utility anode here.
There are also anodes that are made specifically for your swimming pool ladder and you swimming pool light, to help prevent those items from becoming corroded.
Royal Swimming Pools also offers In-Line Anodes. In-Line anodes are constructed of a clear PVC, that makes for easy inspection. These anodes are designed for the protection of the metal components in your swimming pool heater. You can find the specifications for in-line anodes here.
Check out some of our other maintenance related articles below if you want to learn more about the specifics of DIY Pool Maintenance.
- The perfect solution for your saltwater pool: Pepper!
- Finally! An Easy Solution to Pool Maintenance
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Own Swimming Pool
- How to clear a murky green pool fast with Revive
- Make keeping your pool clean and clear easy with E-Z Pool
- Pool opening supply buyer's guide
- How to identify and treat pool algae
- Saltwater Above Ground Pools: A Buyer’s Guide
- Money-Saving Pool Hack: Use Baking Soda to Raise Alkalinity Levels