How Many Gallons is My Pool?
There are several reasons you might need to know how many gallons of water your swimming pool holds. And those reasons differ based on if you are installing a new pool or are working out the maintenance plan of your existing pool.
When thinking about purchasing a swimming pool, most folks are trying to get a general idea on the total cost of installing a swimming pool. That includes how much water to fill a swimming pool and the cost to fill it.Another reason to know how many gallons of water your swimming pool holds is when you are adding chemicals, such as liquid chlorine or chlorine tablets, to your pool. It is essential when adding chemicals to your swimming pool that you use the proper amounts for your size pool.
If you are considering a salt system to your above ground or inground swimming pool you will also need to know how many gallons of water your swimming pool holds to make sure you purchase the correct one for your size pool.
No matter your reason we've made it easy for you to calculate how many gallons of water your pool should hold.
Did that help? Let us know if the comments!
Have more questions?
Here's some of our additional resources that you may find interesting.
- Finally! An Easy Solution to Pool Maintenance
- How To Find and Choose a Swimming Pool Builder
- Saltwater Above Ground Pools: A Buyer's Guide
- How to Measure Your Swimming Pool for a Safety Cover
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Own Swimming Pool
- Pool Maintenance DIY or Professional Services?
- How to clear a murky green pool fast with Revive
- Understanding Bonding and Grounding for Swimming Pool Equipment
- Make keeping your pool clean and clear easy with E-Z Pool
- Pool opening supply buyer's guide