If you have ever sat in a sauna, then you are aware of the awesome sensation of the heat in your nose and over your body. What you may not be aware of are the health benefits of using one.
Health Benefits of Saunas
Pain relief, weight loss, exercise, detoxification, stress relief, and skin care are just a few on the list. The heat is the magic. Heat causes blood vessels to expand, which allows oxygen to be carried to injured parts of the body. In turn this speeds up the healing process. It also causes the heart rate to increase up to 70%. That's the same as a long brisk walk!
If your anything like me, I would MUCH rather sit in the comforts of a warm sauna with my MP3 player than out in the elements walking. Heat therapy also loosens the muscles, so you can relax as if you were getting a massage. When you begin to sweat, dead cells are removed from the surface of the skin causing a clean & clear complexion.
No matter what age or walk of life you come from, there are countless benefits you can enjoy by owning a sauna.
What to know before using a Sauna?
- Drink water before and after your sauna session to keep your body levels healthy even with increased sweating.
- Do not overstay your welcome. Start with 5-10 minutes in the sauna. If you get too warm for comfort or get dizzy, it’s time to get out. Work up to your desired length of time.
- Rinse all those toxins away afterward! You don’t want them clogging your newly purified skin!
If you really want to get the most benefits from a sauna, infrared is the way to go!
Can't get enough resources? Here's some additional articles we think you may be interesting in!
- How to Install a Thermostat in a Heat Wave Sauna
- Infrared Heaters for HeatWave Saunas Ceramic vs. Carbon
- How To Change The Circuit Board For A Heatwave Sauna
- HeatWave Sauna EMF Test Results vs. Industry Standards
- Infrared Sauna FAQs
- Health Benefits of Saunas
- New Cedar Heatwave Saunas by Blue Wave
- Health Benefits of Owning a Sauna