I thoroughly enjoy using my swimming pool and spill-over spa. The swimming pool is a great way to have fun and exercise at the same time! The spa allows me to relax while I watch my kids enjoy the swimming pool.
I am now pregnant with a baby girl and the spa is a great way to relax my aching, tired body! I do take some precautions while using the spa because I want to make sure I do not harm my unborn child. After talking to my doctor and doing a little research online, I feel confident that I am protecting my child while I am relaxing in the spa.
Precautions I take while using the spa during pregnancy:
1. Just as a precaution, I avoided the spa during my first trimester because the baby is very small and vulnerable during the first 13 weeks.
2. I make sure the spa has recently been cleaned. I do not want to risk any kind of possible infections.
3. Our body temperature is normally about 98 degrees. I set the spa temperature at about 99 or 100 degrees. I do not want to raise my body temperature too much.
4. With the temperature set at 99 or 100 degrees, I use the spa in time increments of 10-20 minutes. I want to make sure my body does not overheat. Even with the slight temperature increase, overexposure could dehydrate me and baby.
5. I drink super cold ice water while I’m in the spa. The cold water helps keep me hydrated and my body temperature down.
Doing these simple precautions helps keep my baby girl safe while I enjoy the spa.